10 tips to supercharge your morning routine
Autumn is a season of change. Why not use it as an opportunity to refresh your morning routine to set you up for a brighter day. In this video, certified coach Beverly Landais shares ten practical tips to supercharge your morning.
Autumn slips into winter, heralding the start of the holiday season. There is so much to enjoy. Brisk walks, relaxing at home, drinking hot chocolate, wearing snugly jumpers, fluffy hats and warm gloves. It also means cold, dark, damp mornings. Waking up and leaving your warm bed to get ready for the working day can feel harsh.
Here are ten simple tips that can supercharge and improve your morning:
- Start the night before by getting enough sleep. Try switching off your digital devices after dinner, so your hours before bedtime are screen-free. This will help you to unwind and get ready to rest.
- Get an old fashion alarm clock instead of using your smartphone. That way, you won't be tempted to look at email the moment you wake. Try a relaxing mantra such as 'nowhere to go, nothing to do, time to rest'. Repeat in your mind as you focus on breathing.
- When you wake, make your first drink is a glass of water rather than rush for caffeine. You will feel better for being adequately hydrated.
- Crack open a window to let the air circulate. Breath in for 3, hold for 4 and out for 5. Repeat 3 times or more and breath normally.
- Take a couple of minutes to stretch fully. Your limbs will thank you, and your brain will be reassured that all is well.
- Make your bed. Doing this means you have accomplished something immediately - which is a great frame of mind to start your day.
- As you clean your teeth, try standing on first one leg then the other. It is excellent for improving balance and strengthening your legs. If you use an electric toothbrush, you can time yourself with the 2-minute steering: one minute each leg.
- Try choosing your clothes the night before. This act cuts out decision making when you have little time in the morning to prepare before your first Zoom or in-person meeting.
- Eat something before starting work. Try overnight oats or a banana to give you a boost. Eat at the table not at your desk. If you are commuting, you can always pack something to take with you. How about using your travel coffee mug for a nourishing smoothie instead?
- Set your intention for the day. What do you want to accomplish? Make your first tasks important ones. This way, you will feel more in control and better resourced. Routine email can come later.
A little planning and these tips can help improve your morning. Have a nice day!
Learn more at www.beverlylandais.co.uk