The simple regular practice of Mindfulness meditation can bring a sense of calm and well being even in the midst of a busy life. Its many benefits cannot be underestimated.
Here are a few,
- reduces stress
- improves sleep quality
- regulates and even re-calibrates the nervous system
- helps to rewire and restructure the brain
- improves relationships by increasing our capacity for empathy
- better focus
- more cognitive flexibility
- improves self compassion, self appreciation and self honour
The practice of Mindfulness helps us to be present in the here and now, the only place and time where mental, emotional and psychological health can be available to us. It also helps us to befriend some of those aspects of ourselves that we may be uncomfortable with. With regular practice, Mindfulness leads to calmness, and a sense of peace and well being.
The course will be a comprehensive introduction to the basics of Mindfulness meditation and will give you the tools to get you started. It will be grounded in theory and practice, and also suitable for those who want to rekindle, or are looking for support for their practice.
Each session is for one hour and fifteen minutes and will run as follows:
- Week One: Mindfulness of the breath – the anchor.
- Week Two: Mindfulness of the body – body scan.
- Week Three: Mindfulness of feelings tones – sensations, feelings and emotions.
- Week Four: Mindfulness of the mind – thoughts, images, fear of the future, planning, the inner critic, etc.
- Week Five: Loving Kindness meditation.
- Week Six: Hindrances to meditation – struggles with daily practice and committing to a daily practice.
The course is experiential and participants are expected to set aside time for daily practice. There will also be time for some sharing of experience, questions and answers, and a handout covering the course material will be given at each session.
The cost for the whole course is £72, and is held at Live Free Wellness, 265 Putney Bridge Road, London, SW15 2PT. To book call Live Free Wellness on 020 8780 0898. If you have any questions about the course, you can call me directly on 020 8780 9449, email email@example.com or use the contact form on my website.Space is limited to 9 people, so please book early to avoid disappointment.