Are you struggling to keep on top of everything?
Creating a balance to actually enjoy life doesn't have to be a challenge. Check out the tips below for more information.
How many times do you play over in your mind the endless things that need to be done? The worry of something you have yet to do or haven't even had a chance to attempt at giving it a go?
The struggle of juggling everything in our lives and keeping on top of it all can feel overwhelming. This in turn then develops into burnout causing physical and mental exhaustion, with a never ending battle of what needs to be done - work, home, family, friends.
Burnout has a way of creeping up on us, we feel like we are keeping on top of things but the reality is we are keeping our bodies and minds on auto-pilot as we go about our daily lives - life is passing us by. We become grouchy and short-tempered, convinced that we are going through a phase, but the impact it has on us mentally and physically can result in depression, physical exhaustion and potentially other awful illnesses.
Creating a balance so that you're able to enjoy life in between everything else can actually be a challenge in itself. So how can we prevent burnout and enjoy life, whilst maintaining the day-to-day activities? Here are some top tips to try out:-
- To-Do Lists - On a Sunday night write out a list of all the things you need to do for the week ahead. Reduce the angst by prioritising the list, by marking the important ones with a 1 and the other items that aren't as critical with numbers down the list.
- Create a schedule - Plan out what you have to do over the course of a day. What can be done differently? Is there some flexibility with what you're doing or can you delegate to others?
- Make time for you - Be sure to look after you and do something once a week for at least an hour to uplift you. Could be sitting down with a cup of tea, going to the gym, having a nice chilled bath - whatever it is, make that commitment to nurture you.
- Journal your thoughts - Write down the things that are troubling you from the week or life in general. This is a great technique and getting worries out of your mind so that they're not being kept in one place. When it's out on paper, solutions often present themselves.
- Get a good nights sleep - My favourite! When your body feels tired, take it to bed. Be sure to switch off from electronic devices at least an hour before bed - the light projected from screens can delay the release of melatonin in the body, which helps us to sleep.
Let me know in the comments section how you get on!