Energy and Strengths - Managing Your Energy Not Just Your Time
I work with people who need a bit of a helping hand to rediscover what makes them shine, be energised and succeed. This post gives you a simple model to help you think about how to make the most of your strengths and energy
- Where do you spend most of your time at work/home/play when you look at matrix below? How do you feel in each of the segments?
- What factors energise/de-energise you?
- Make a list of your strengths/the things that you are good at. Rank these 0-10 (0 = no skill, 10 = high skill) - the ones you are enjoy and the ones that you are good at but don't always enjoy using.
- Take your strengths where skill is 5 or above. Think about the strengths that give you energy, that you love using, the ones that you are good at but don't enjoy using. Rank these strengths on an energy line 0-10 (0= doesn't give you any energy, 10= you really love using this strength)
- In your current life/role/future roles are there any strengths that you don't currently have high skill in will help you succeed? Do these energise you? How can you develop these?
- What does this thinking/work show you?
- In your day-day life how much time do you spend using the strengths that energise you?
- When you are at your best what do people see/what do you deliver using your high energy strengths? Do you ever overuse any strengths? How does this play out?
- How much time do you spend using the strengths that don't give you energy? What can you do about this? (Delegate/find ways to get enjoyment/build more balance?)
- Write down 3 actions that you will take as a result of this thinking. What will you do? When will you do it? What impact will it have? Do you need any help or support to do this?
| A bit about me
As a former Chief Executive, I now work as an independent coach and mentor. I love my work as a coach and get great satisfaction and joy from watching my clients grow and succeed My clients often describe their work with me as challenging, energising, thought provoking and practical. Take a look at my Linked In page to get a feel for how client's see their experience of investing in coaching Outside of my coaching work, I paint a bit, sew bright. flowery fabric together to make quilts, help run a community Arts Festival and support my husband's studio glass business Please get in touch if I can ever be of any help.