Quite a lot of my time in the 1-1 coaching space is spent working with leaders and future leaders who are focusing on their career goals - preparing to apply for the next job, managing transition between roles or organisations or reflecting, re energising and becoming clearer about where they want to go next.
My clients come from all over the place in terms of sector, age, background, reason for coming to coaching but I've noticed a few common traits amongst the people I’ve worked with :
- Forgetting about what makes them tick, what they love doing and why they are doing it?
- Not having a structured method to prepare practically and emotionally for successful job applications or transition between jobs
- Failing to recognise and really use their experiences to make it clear exactly how they will add value and help the new organisation succeed
- Not believing in themselves enough
- Not recognising the power of their networks and public profile
If you are facing a career choice you might want to think about:
- What things give you the most energy and confidence?
- What jobs are out there which will let you really play to your strengths?
- What makes you feel really confident and on top of the world?
- How can you anchor and recreate these feelings and state when you need to turn it on - in interviews, when you have to deliver an important piece of work, in building your network
- What’s most important to you about the work you do? What jobs out there will give you real satisfaction and make you proud?
I offer a range of career coaching programmes, comprising of 2 coaching sessions and guided support as you work though a personal workbook based around your specific programme.
- Transitioning between roles and organisations
- Preparing to secure a new role
- Shaping your future career direction
About Sandra Whiles.
As a former local government Chief Executive, I now work as an independent coach and mentor. I have developed Managers, Directors and high potential staff across the public, private and third sectors for well over a decade.
In 2016, I left local government to make a difference to a wider group of people and other organisations. Specialising in individual, group and senior team coaching with senior leaders and future leaders, I work with clients across Local Government, Police, Fire and Rescue, Prisons, Health, Housing Associations, the Civil Service, the Third Sector and the Private Sector.
Qualified to post graduate level in Coaching through Barefoot Coaching Ltd and Chester University, I am an Professional Certified Coach with the International Coaching Federation and an independent coach for the East Midlands Council's Coaching Network.