Get Excited About Your Life Again In Just 30 Minutes
If you feel like you keep living ground hog day and that life is pretty stagnant, try out this quick and easy process for getting excited about your life again in just 30 minutes...
Hey I'm Lydia Kimmerling, I have been shortlisted as Psychologies and Hay House's fresh new voice for 2016 and you can help me win by supporting this blog and clicking "VOTE UP" above.
“Arrrrrrrrrgh, not already, surely?” Your arm reaches out to hit the alarm. Blurghhhh, it’s still dark.
Shower, dress, toast, train, work, gym, dinner, telly, sleep.
Same shit, different day….When did life get so boring?
It happens to the best of us and it can be hard to pin point when and how it started, but life get’s stuck on ground hog day and as the repetition builds, day upon day, you can find yourself saying “I’m so fed up with this, where has the excitement gone?”
My two favorite emotions are excitement and love. To you that might seem a strange thing to say, but I think about how I feel, A LOT. Love can be complicated and it takes time and work, (although it’s worth every second of it) where as excitement is easy and can be found in just 30 minutes. That buzzing, firing on all cylinders, vibration and energy in motion, is the don, bad boy and boss of emotions, because it’s the gateway to making your life even more amazing.
Think about these two different situations for a second.
1. A time at work where you were given a project you really were not excited about, you were dreading and wished you didn’t have to do. How did that go? My guess is you encountered lots of problems, it went slowly and lots went wrong.
2. Now think about a time when you have worked on a project that you were so excited about and couldn’t wait to start. How did that go? Better than you could have expected with lots of fun and opportunity?
Excitement creates positive and forward movement in our lives, which is why when we are bored we feel the opposite, STUCK! So if life’s got boring and you feel stuck or lost at the moment, follow these quick steps to putting excitement in and go from feeling crappy to happy in just 30 minutes.
1. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being an all time low of boredom and 10 being crazy excited, how excited are you about life right now? What needs to change in your life to take it from that number, to a 10?
2. If time and money were not an issue, what have you dreamed about doing that would make you really excited about your future?” In response to that answer, are there people in this world already doing this? Unless you’ve said time travel, it’s likely that your answer is a yes. GREAT! So now you know that it is not impossible, it’s very possible. Ooooooh Exciting.
3. Now you know it’s possible, take a minute to think about life in 12 month’s time. Presuming everything went to plan without any problems, how would life be different for you and what would it look like? Imagine what your ideal day would be like and write it down from start to finish. Remember, you know this is possible because people are already living this life, so don’t hold back or get stuck on that’s not realistic or possible. It needs to be exciting.
3. Your future self in 12 months who is living your dream life, has the opportunity to speak to your present self (that is you, who is reading this right now). They want to give you some advice to encourage you to get from where you are now, to living your dream in 12 months time, what does your future self want to say? Write it down.
4. Taking that advice on board and knowing that this exciting future IS possible, if you were going to do this, what first step would you take? Guess what? TAKE THAT STEP….. and just see what happens. What if you took that step and then the next and the next and it was easy, and you actually created that dream? How exciting is that?
5. Now, on a scale of 1-10 how, excited are you about life?
For more free tips, advice and tools for creating your ideal life visit my website and sign up to my weekly videos CLICK HERE
Remember to click VOTE UP above to support this blog