The power of the diva
My family is from the north of England where any showing off or revealing of brilliance could be met with ‘Don’t make yourself out to be more than what you are!’ But if you are to follow the advice ‘fake it until you make it’ you kind of have to ‘make yourself out to be more than what you are’ make anything work. The truth is you can’t do ANYTHING of brilliance in life, if you don’t step into a whole load more belief then evidence!’
My family is from the north of England where any showing off or revealing of brilliance could be met with ‘Don’t make yourself out to be more than what you are!’
But if you are to follow the advice ‘fake it until you make it’ you kind of have to ‘make yourself out to be more than what you are’ make anything work. The truth is you can’t do ANYTHING of brilliance in life, if you don’t step into a whole load more belief then evidence!’
Yet for women in the UK it seems to me to be other women who have always been the ones to step on my head if I stick it up out of my box! If a woman is funny or cute we might let them get away with it. However, if you shine too brightly the British press are often after your feminine balls with a set of fluffy pink pinking shears.
We can all agree the system hasn’t been working for women for a long time. We need female leaders to inspire young female leaders in many different arenas. Being the best of yourself and doing a great job can be tougher than sitting in a horrid situation trying to make the best of it. At least the horrid situation is one you know! Yet over time the latter will have a greater impact on your health.
I have had many male dominated jobs, including being a theatre electrician. I have had my far share of sexism, but for me this isn’t about a male oppression thing. It’s a female oppression in the UK thing. UK women are crap at creating ‘sisterhood’ like they have in the US. If you don’t believe me take a look at any of the spiritual speaking arena in the UK (in which I live!) and look to see how many female speakers there are to men, and then how many of the women are not British!
So if you’re one of those women who were just born to shake the tree, but you don’t fancy the downpour of rotten apples, here’s how to arm yourself for your personal revolution to power with out becoming a bitch or a guy!
- Have a small pocket of amazing friends, who are supportive. Nurture them, and allow them to nurture you.
- Look after yourself first and foremost. If you are to enter into battle for truth, justice and a decent night’s sleep, then you need to be fit.
- Have a secret something you keep to yourself that no-one else knows about. Maybe a fantasy escape plan. Perhaps a part of the city or the country you go to when enough is enough. Have something special only you know about.
- Know the most interesting people are the quirky odd balls. But a quirky odd ball trying to be normal is a weirdo. Be yourself.
- You are never bigger than your message. So don’t get in your own way. You can never do anything alone; your tribe will find you.
- Support other women, don’t back bite or be jealous. You might not be so jealous of what they lived through to get where they are today!
It’s about time that all people felt empowered to be their full selves, and if not now… then when?
Let’s get deva difficult in all the right ways. :)
Are you looking for:
- Resilience - which covers developing self-worth value and dealing with guilt.
- Clarity - Know what your doing and why.
- Life-Accounting - Understanding where the actions you're currently taking each day point to in the long term, making changes where needed and enjoying the journey.
So if you were nodding at any point while reading the above, I have a gift for you. 20 minutes of my ‘Rocket Power’ time for free!
During the call we will:
- Create a crystal clear vision of the kind of woman you want to be in the world.
- We’ll uncover hidden beliefs that may be sabotaging you stepping up to that place of personal power and confidence.
- You’ll leave the session with renewed vision and inspired to take the next steps.
This could be the 20 minutes that ‘shifts perspectives on your potential’ for your life!
If you’d like to take advantage of this very special, very limited, and totally FREE 20 minute “Become Powerful and Influential without being a B*tch!” coaching session with Becky Walsh.
Head to http://beckywalsh.com/women-become-powerful-influential-without-bitch/ now to get your free 20mins.