One day like this...
This weeks experiment was to take five minutes out and see beauty in the world around us...
Ahh... yes perfect timing for me this one... long Easter weekend and a whole week off work and a birthday to boot!
What strikes me as I think about this experiment is that a lot of things which I see or feel is beautiful is actually what I think love feels like...
Here is my list in no particular order of things that took my breath away this week with their beauty...
- the thoughtfulness of my son ( cup of tea in the morning and new red hunter wellies)
- cosy cuddles in bed in the early morning with the rain lashing against the window
- the unconditional love I see in Ted's eyes
- the riff of a beautiful song on the radio
- making a new friend in the nail bar
- rain drops on a tree after an April shower that look like moon drops!
- the massive rainbow which arched over the village on Easter Sunday in between showers
- Mam warming my feet as we sit cuddled up on the sofa one lazy lunchtime, drinking tea and eating cake
- a book on creating your own vegetable garden that a friend in work had given me for my birthday that I really wanted from the Bookman but decided not to because I was trying to be frugal
- My oldest friend's Rhi's adopted granddaughter Lili...sending me a goodnight and I love you text.
- Being made to feel special on my birthday by my lovely family and friends
And today I stopped at the village noticeboard and saw this little beauty- which made me smile.
I have no idea who Alima and Marius are but don't you think its wonderful that they wanted to put this in the noticeboard, if I wasn't doing this experiment I would never have seen this. I hope you all had a bit of 'Fresh Love' this Easter because it sounds bloody great x