Week 9 - Writing Sweet Words!
One day someone will find my diaries and I will be mortified!
Week 9's experiment was to write first thing in the morning for 10mins.
Gosh I love this one! And it's something I've practiced regularly over the years. It's calming, therapeutic, and hopeful. If I could be an ambassador for this, I would do it!
I have a policy with my diaries - they can only contain positive statements, emotions and words. It used to be most mornings but now it is as often as I can. I write 10 things I am grateful for. And then in addition I also write my dreams/goals (massive and tiny) and anything else that has made me smile :o) The mindset this sets for your day ahead is wonderful and the benefits of it are endless as you're constantly looking for beauty rather than dark and dull. It's hard though when you're not in a great place but I think that's a time to do it more. So 10 things I am grateful for:
1. My mental and physical health because I am strong healthy and well
2. My child because he is a wonderful person
3. My family and friends because I am supported and loved
4. My home because it is safe, warm and our sanctuary
5. My job because it pays me an income and I am gaining experience
6. My wealth because I can support my family
7. All the food in my home because I can feed my child and myself well
8. London transport system because my car has died and I can get around easily and quickly
9. For everyday because miracles and amazing and wonderful things happen
10. For all our material items because they represent memories and how far I've come from leaving a marriage and moving into a home with a one year old and a mattress to living in a beautiful maisonette with all our own furniture.
What are you grateful for? Because a list of 10 will come more easily than you think! Xxx