Could Over Planning Be Blocking Your Biggest Success?
How much do you live by a plan? Or how often does not having a plan hold you back from the success you want?We all like to have some idea of what is ahead of us and planning to a certain degree is necessary to make sure what needs to happen, happens, but what about when a plan goes wrong?
Hey I'm Lydia Kimmerling, I have been shortlisted as Psychologies and Hay House's fresh new voice for 2016 and you can help me win by supporting this blog and clicking "VOTE UP" above.
I’ve always been a big planner. I needed a plan to get me through life, it offered me a sense of security and I guess it made me feel like I was in control.
I’ve come to learn the true benefits of planning, how and when it serves us and when it’s time to just let go and ride the wave. From my own experiences and from the 100’s of hours I‘ve coached and heard from others I know when planning can be GOOD, BAD or just downright UGLY.
I believe there is an art to us using planning to our advantage, so if you love to plan, hate to plan, need a plan or plan too much, check out the GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY of planning and discover how to use it to get more of what you want from life.
When planning serves you well
1. To get you off the starting block when you need to create change
2. When you need to make sure an event or situation runs smoothly
3. Short term planning that gives you an idea of how something will pan out
When planning limits you
1. You feel you need a plan so much that it can stop you from moving forward
2. You stick so closely to the plan it prevents you from seeing greater opportunity
3. When things don’t go to plan it breaks you and leads you to believe you’ve failed
What to do when planning goes wrong
1. Let go and relinquish all control of the plan
2. Feel and sense the direction life wants to take you
3. Look for the opportunity to grow from the situation so that it becomes a positive
For more free tips, advice and tools for creating your ideal life visit my website and sign up to my weekly videos CLICK HERE
Remember to click VOTE UP above to support this blog