Keep your eyes on the prize
You have a dream. Just not a path mapped out on how to make it happen. It might be a big dream so you are creating it slowly. But sometimes, life and bumps in the road get in the way. The winds of change (often uncontrollable and unexpected) can blow you in all sorts of directions on your journey towards living your dream.
How do you stay on course? And make the right choices during tough circumstances?
Your decisions equal your destiny
A recent podcast by Tony Robbins (an American author, life coach and philanthropist) reminded me ‘our decisions equal our destiny.’ Both big and small. And we make decisions based on what we focus on. We don’t make big decisions every day. But remember the small ones are as important as the big ones. Especially the ones which come from inspired action. For example, going for a walk on a gorgeous day and bumping into an old friend who indirectly introduces you to a new contact or future boyfriend. Or heading out for a coffee and reading an inspiring article in a magazine which leads to a job or new voluntary work opportunity.
Dealing with bumps in the road
Suddenly there’s an unexpected bump in the road. So how do you make the right decisions to move forward while keeping your eyes on the prize?
There may be plenty of people ready to offer their advice. What’s right for them, might not be right for you. Sometimes all you need is a listening ear while you work through the bumps. Here are some extra tips you may find useful:
- Be clear on your WHY. This will cement your dream even further.
- Listen to your inner voice. Always.
- Trust the bumps are there for a (positive) reason. Learn and move on.
- Share your dilemma with your cheerleaders. They will nudge you back on course.
- Useless at decisions? Only make them when you have to.
Coaching when the going gets tough
Need some extra support along the way? A transformational coach, can be that listening ear and help you to:
- Build confidence to keep going for that dream
- Believe in your worthiness
- Create or adjust to a new identity on your journey
- Trust your skills and ability
- See your backstory with fresh positive eyes
Dreams do come true. They come in all shapes and sizes. Trust you will create something which satisfies you. And remember, once your dream has been realised, you will be ready to create another one. Enjoy the journey.